Cambridge Audio 550T Stereo Tuner - AM/FM RDS
Cambridge’s Audio 550T is a fully featured FM/AM RDS tuner complete with 20 presets per band and an RDS interface to display station names.
A high sensitivity design, the Cambridge Audio 550T will quickly lock onto radio signals with a vice-like grip and offers excellent detail and rich delivery across all broadcasts.
The Cambridge Audio 550T features a clock with wake-up alarm that can power-up and switch off connected Cambridge Audio amplifiers fitted with Control Bus inputs/outputs and select the tuner input for the Alarm function.
A full-function remote is supplied which also controls either the Cambridge Audio 550A or 650A integrated amplifiers amplifiers.
Cambridge Audio Azur 550T Stereo Tuner Features
- Pure FM/AM in the true analogue domain
- Refined board layout
- Brand new wrap-around casework design with substantially thicker brushed aluminium front panel
- Sophisticated Alarm and Sleep timer functions
- Control Bus inputs and outputs to turn on and off connected Cambridge Audio amplifiers
- Supplied with the Azur Navigator remote control
- Available in silver and black finishes
- Frequency Range: FM (87.5 – 108MHz) Europe
- FM (88 – 108MHz) US
- AM (531 – 1602kHz) Europe
- AM (530 – 1710kHz) US
- Aerial Inputs 75 ohms unbalanced (FM)
- 50 ohms unbalanced (AM)
- FM Sensitivity -25dBm typical
- Signal to Noise 50dB typical (FM)
- 47dB typical (AM)
- FM Frequency Response (+/-3dB) 20Hz – 15kHz
- Distortion: <0.3%, @1kHz, 50kHz deviation (FM)
<0.9%, @1kHz (AM)
- Stereo Separation: @ 1kHz >50dB (FM)
- Max. Power Consumption: 7W
- Standby Power Consumption: 6.5W
- Dimensions (H x W x D): (2.75" x 16.9" x 12’’)
- Weight: (unboxed) 4.1kg (9lbs)
(boxed) 5.6kg (12.3lbs)
Cambridge Audio has been at the forefront of British hi-fi for more than thirty five years. Since its inception in 1968, Cambridge Audio has brought some of the most innovative and technologically advanced products to market.
During the ‘70s, the P40, P50 and P110 amplifiers established the international reputation of the Cambridge Audio brand. The ‘80s saw Cambridge Audio launch the world’s first two-box CD player. In the ‘90s, the DacMagic was the first product in the company’s history to win an esteemed What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision Best Buy award. The new Millennium saw Cambridge Audio continue to innovate with its award winning DAB digital tuners and of course the highly-acclaimed Azur range.
Cambridge Audio has a philosophy of using only the finest quality components, all models are developed using state-of-the-art test and measurement equipment and feature the latest technology. This commitment to engineering excellence, combined with state of the art manufacturing facilities, means every Cambridge Audio product offers the best possible performance. Prior to launch, all designs undergo rigorous evaluation involving meticulous listening and fine tuning.
But the main reason for Cambridge Audio's success... our people. We employ nearly 80 colleagues, the majority at our London headquarters, including over 20 engineers in a dedicated research and development facility. Every member of our team shares the same passion for hi-fi and home cinema as you – our customers. That’s why we always go the extra mile to make sure we only produce products we're proud enough to take home – and trust us we do!
Cambridge Audio products are distributed in over 45 countries and the company turns over in excess of $40 million.